Sunday, April 5, 2009

Relaxation

This past week we took a much needed vacation. We went camping at Lake Lamar Bruce with my parents, Timothy and his family, and a couple who is friends with my parents. It was very pretty and relaxing. I wish it would have been a little warmer, but at least I got some time away from everything. Everyone had a good time, but I would almost bet Gracie had the best.


Almost everyone braved the cold weather to fish. Mom and Dad are on their way out in this pic.
Gracie tried her best, with no luck, to call the ducks so she could pet them.




But her favorite guest was domestic and loved a good petting. She requested this picture be taken, and wanted to take my picture with the dog. I passed.



She rode her bike on the "bridges" every chance she got. Out of the seven piers there was only one she was not allowed to go on, because it had no rails. On one of our "bridge" expeditions she exclaimed that she was "SO HAPPY!" She was having a ball.



She got to blow bubbles with her new bubble gun, but she had more fun popping them.


Riding her bike, again, with Uncle Scott by her side. Even though he was making her go back to the camper for not listening to us, she didn't seem to mind. Can't get her spirits down!
We had lots of wildlife to admire while we were away. Below are a few of our wild neighbors.

None of us were really sure what type of duck this was, or if it was a duck. He had to be the inspiration for the ugly duckling. I felt bad for the poor thing. He would try to hang with the mallards and they would not have it. At least he had to female companions with him.
This is one of his companions. Apparently, she felt right at home on my parent's Mallard camper. I couldn't resist taking a picture from this angle.

This male goose decided he needed a bath while his females soaked up the sun.
These mallards pretty much stayed around our campsite. They enjoyed eating crackers, and even dined on a little popcorn.
I hated to see the week come to an end. Now it is back to real life and responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment