Saturday, January 16, 2010

Light bulbs and Decisions

First the light bulb...I forgot my password to my blog (which is why I haven't posted in a while). It just hit me that it was the same as my gmail password. Duh! All this time I haven't been able to respond to blogs or post my own. Man I'm getting forgetful!

Now the decisions...I just read a note on Facebook that one of my friends posted. She will be having a child soon (within a month). In the note she mentioned how they tried for 2 1/2 years and how devastating it was. To me 2 1/2 years doesn't seem long at all. It made me realize that it has now been 12 years since I have been dealing with infertility and 2 years since our failed IVF. So much has gone through my head in that time about starting a family. Scott and I debated last year about trying again (or picking back up on the adoption road) this summer. But then I wonder...will either work? Will I be waiting forever? Am I meant to be a mom? And, yes, sometimes I even wonder if I truly still want to be a mom. That last question enters my mind more often as I inch closer to 30. Deep down I know that I truly do still want to have children. I think the last thought is a defensive thought so that I won't be devastated if that dream never comes to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment