Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sharing pregnancy with others

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about how blessed Scott and I are.  We are blessed through our blessings and the blessings of others.  How?  Well, I always wanted to be able to have friends and family pregnant at the same time as me so that my child would be fortunate enough to grow up with lots of little friends and cousins around the same age.  As I continued to get older, losing hope of pregnancy and thinking more and more of adoption, I began to think my child would not have any friends his age until beginning school.  Lo and behold, Micah will have many little friends his age to play with.  I actually think more women are pregnant at the same time than I have ever known to be pregnant (not to mention the babies born right before God blessed us with pregnancy).  What is even more of a blessing for us is that two of the couples who are pregnant have struggled with infertility, much like Scott and I have.  Knowing that, how can anyone not believe in miracles?  I love being able to share pregnancy with others.  Praise the Lord for miracles and blessings!  I wouldn't want it any other way!

On a side note...I grew up around mostly little boys.  It's beginning to look like Micah might have just the opposite situation.  One of my best friends had a little girl three months ago and my next door neighbor is pregnant with a girl.  One of my other friends who is pregnant, I have a feeling will have a little girl (she will find out soon).  Either way, he will be blessed with friends.

Update:  I was wrong about my friend.  She is having a little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment