Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Orange filled Valentine's Candy

Isn't it funny how sometimes we want something and go to great measures to find it, then when it is in abundant supply we can't have it?  During this pregnancy I have only had one true craving.  That craving was back several months ago and was for the orange filling of the Valentine's chocolate covered candies.  Obviously, I wasn't going to find any of those back before Christmas (way before Christmas) so we racked our brains trying to figure out what would give me the flavor I wanted.  I finally did find something to satisfy that craving, although I can't remember what it was for the life of me.  I'm thinking it may have been an orange creme savers candy but I honestly don't remember for sure.  I was just happy to finally have found the flavor I was looking for!  Now here we are just past Valentine's Day.  Chocolate covered candy with orange fillings are in abundant supply.  I even have a box of candy in my desk drawer, testing my will power.  So instead of gorging on candy like I normally would this time of year, I'm watching every little thing I put in my mouth and stressing over my glucose readings being too high or too low. It's funny how life works out.  I imagine I will make sacrifices on a daily basis for this little one.  In the end it will be worth watching every bite to have a healthy baby boy and a happy child.
Happy Belated Valentine's Day friends!

1 comment:

  1. you need to find some on sale and stash them away for after micah's born. wait, i'm not helping much with the lose-baby-weight-this-summer plan, am i? :o) just stick with creme savers.

    ReplyDelete