Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gardens and Flower Beds

This milder weather we have been having has really gotten me in the mood to get some flowerbeds going in the yard.  For years I have put off doing too much with the yard because we had plans to either build or buy and I didn't want to put too much effort into it.  Now that we are settled and I know we won't be having any more major adjustments that will affect the landscape any time soon I plan to make my yard pretty.  I know the areas I want to start with.  Now I just have to figure out the flowers and color schemes I want to go with (and get Scott to get the ground ready).  My main focus will be in front of the house.  I think I will be safe doing in front of the porch and along the walkway.  I want to make a huge flowerbed between the walkway and the house.  For now, I'll just stick with going along the walkway since Scott plans to close the carport in his summer.  I would also like to have a vegetable garden, have flowers around our portable building, put some climbing plants along our camper shed, and have a few flowers towards the road.  I will do a little at a time.  Maybe I can get a good bit done this summer during Micah's naps if I'm not too exhausted.  Or if I'm lucky, maybe Scott will help me get a good bit done this Spring.  We've got 10 weeks, give or take a little, before he arrives to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment