Saturday, July 16, 2011

Time moves too fast

Time is moving by way too fast.  Next week is my last week with Micah before I return to work.  It is wild that he is going to be twelve weeks old next week.  Where on earth have the weeks gone?  I've really enjoyed being able to stay home with him, and honestly the first seven weeks or so were a must (it took us that long to really get the hang of breastfeeding).  I love watching him grow and discover new things.  And his development happens so fast.  I just know I am going to miss so many things while I am at work.  I will be thankful for the time I get to work from home.

What has Micah been up to so far?  He is able to hold his head pretty steady on his own.  He has discovered his hands and feet...well, began to discover them.  He loves mobiles.  He will just watch his mobiles forever.  He doesn't care if it is the one on his swing, bouncy seat, or the one above his crib.  He also loves ceiling fans and lights.  He has loved those from the very beginning.  He also still loves to kick around, loves to cuddle, and loves his sleep.  He has he sweetest smile that could melt anyone's heart.  I could just hold him and watch him smile for hours on end.

I admit that I haven't done everything like I should.  Even though I know Micah needed tummy time from the very beginning he hasn't gotten it.  I put him on his stomach when he was a couple of weeks home and he did not like it at all.  Sooooo, I haven't since.  This past week I decided it was time to get tummy time (besides laying on my tummy, which has helped him with neck and back strength a little).  The first day wasn't a very big success but the second time was much better!  I think maybe he was sleepy the first time, but from that experience I think Micah may be up and crawling in no time if we keep up tummy time.  The second attempt at tummy time he actually worked on lifting his head like he is suppose to do.


First attempt at tummy time.

Who needs a paci when you have hands?

Finally fit into some of his shoes! (Only took 10 weeks)

First time in my crib.


One second...I'm not ready.

Bonding with Daddy

2 comments:

  1. i love those little shoes! baby shoes are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are. I love baby shoes. Can't wait until he can fit in the others!

    ReplyDelete