Monday, September 5, 2011

Money Matters

Money, money, money.  I've never been obsessed with money but since I have more responsibility than Scott and myself, I have been thinking of ways to do better with our money.  We waste so much on nothing.  I want to start a savings for Micah and for me and Scott.  I want to put money into each every month so I need to create a budget.  I think I will do that today.  Also, I am going to start couponing.  I tried to do my first coupon shopping trip this past weekend.  It wasn't very successful though.  I had Micah with me.  We had been shopping for a while once I finally made it to grocery shopping and he was getting very tired.  He fights his sleep during the day so I just bought what I had and left.  I had spent a good deal of time printing coupons, searching competitors' ads and creating a shopping list.  Guess I will have to get back to that today too.  I'm not going to go crazy or be too strict on my budget, but I do need to at least try.

On another note, a spending note, we are about to add on to the house.  I am so excited that we will have a little more room but I am even more excited that I will have a personal gym.  We are planning to enclose the carport.  The majority of it will be the living room, but a small portion will be a room for me.  Scott says anything I want it to be so it will be a home gym.  I already have several pieces of equipment that will do for now.  Since we have moved they have been sitting in pieces in our storage shed.  It will be great to get them back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment