Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Summer vacation

I am soooo ready for a vacation.  I would love to go somewhere just to get away from the routine of day-to-day living.  Nothing extravagant...just somewhere different.  I would settle for a nice camping trip on the river.  I think I'm just longing for summer.

We had big plans for this summer.  We were going to travel to Jamaica with several friends and stay at an all-inclusive resort.  We would have nothing to worry about but relaxing and kicking up our heels.  Obviously, God had bigger plans than we ever dreamed possible so Jamaica is not in the picture for this summer.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.

I can't wait to spend my summer with Scott and Micah.  I am really looking forward to getting to know our little man.  I plan to spoil him rotten on love.  For 12 weeks I will be with him every day.  I'm not sure yet how much times Scott plans to take off from work, but even if he doesn't take off he'll be with us more than not.  It will be nice to have most of the summer at home.  I haven't experienced that in 10 years.  I know Micah will require a lot of attention but I am hoping we can still spend time doing things like hiking Little Mountain and camping.  The past few years we haven't been able to do much camping between Scott and my schedules.  Even with Micah in-tow life should be much slower paced than it has been.  It will just be a totally different pace.

When I have to pry myself away from Micah and back to work at the end of the summer, Scott will keep Micah on his off days and I will keep him the other days.  I have some wonderful bosses who have agreed to let me work from home on those days.  I am already dreading having to leave him but love the fact that he and Scott will get to spend so much time together, just the two of them.

1 comment:

  1. you are so lucky that your bosses are allowing you to do that! and micah is lucky that his parents will be there for all the important early days of his childhood.

    i am in a summer kinda mood, too. it's all this warm weather!

    ReplyDelete