Friday, December 31, 2010

It was a Merry Christmas

After ten years together this was the first Christmas Scott and I weren't able to spend together.  It was inevitable that he would eventually have to work on Christmas Day and this year was that year.  We've known for a while how his schedule would fall.  We were okay with him having to work that day since we don't have children yet.  However, once Micah arrives he'll want to be home on Christmas Day.  We were actually blessed this year because Thanksgiving was on his rotation too, but Thanksgiving fell on his kelly day. Even still, I really missed having him with me that day and hated that he missed the festivities. 

Christmas Eve I spent the morning and night fixing a Christmas meal for him to take to work with him.  I didn't want him to miss out on eating a traditional meal (although he doesn't seem to like many of what I consider traditional foods).  Between cooking, we went to our parents' houses for him to celebrate with them.  We ended up having a great Christmas.  Micah, although he isn't here, received several sweet gifts.

10 years of 2 stockings. This will be the last.  :-)
 Scott called and woke me Christmas morning to make sure I saw it was snowing.  Yay!  Snow on Christmas morning!  This is a first for this Mississippi girl!
The view from our back door.
The snow flakes were so big and fluffy.  Very pretty!
I was so excited that I didn't even think about the mud on my shoes!  I left a trail from the front door to the shower.  Oops!


Loaded up and ready to go.

Micah's first pack of diapers - a gift from Nanny.

This outfit was so cute that both Aunt Kristi and Nanny bought it for Micah's Christmas!

Mom bought Micah several outfits.  I think this might be Scott's favorite.

Micah has a great head start on onsies! Thanks Grandma!

My favorite!

Another gift from Aunt Kristi and family.  This sweet giraffe sings his ABCs.

Baby scrapbook from Mamaw!

Aunt Cyrena gave Micah this sweet little lamb.

Micah's first piggy bank from Mamaw and Granddaddy.  They even put the first deposit into the piggy bank!

Sweet baby fireman boots from Uncle Lacy and Aunt Pat.

Sweet baby shorts.

1 comment:

  1. LOVED the snow!!! Micah made out like a bandit this Christmas. you'll have to have your storage shed moved by next year if this year is any indicator of how much that child is going to be spoiled :o) glad he got some nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete