Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking back and anticipating the future

2010 was an awesome year!  In 2009 I thought I would dread 2010 because I would turn 30, but as the new year rang in I didn't have the dread I had feared.  I never could have imagined how great the year would turn out to be.  We celebrated some very important milestones this year.  In May Scott graduated the Paramedic Program at ICC in Tupelo and was recognized for having the highest GPA in his class.  GO SCOTT!!!  I couldn't have been more proud of that man.  In June I celebrated my 30th birthday.  Turning 30 wasn't bad like I had anticipated.  I actually enjoy being 30, because I realize that the previous 29 years molded me into the person I am today.  I'm comfortable with myself and love my life.  It takes some people much longer than 30 years to get to that point.  September 23rd marked 10 years of marriage for Scott and me.  I am so blessed to call him husband.  God really blessed me when he put him (and his family) in my life.

We have also experienced many firsts in life this year.  In February I officially started in my first official professional position.  About time I put that college degree to use :-).  So far I must say that I really enjoy my new position and hope to continue my career.  After receiving his Paramedic license in May, Scott began his first post as a paramedic.  I honestly believe he was born to do what he does.  He loves it and does a great job from what I can see.  He has a true love for helping people.  In June we celebrated the milestones of 2010 with an awesome cruise (our first) with some great friends.  It was our first but definitely won't be our last if we can help it.  We had such a wonderful time.  In August we began the process of buying our first home, which we closed on in October and moved into in November.  But many of our most cherished firsts this year are a result of the most important first we have ever experienced...our first pregnancy.  Little did we know that right after we started looking into our first home a little one was making himself at home.  We conceived our first child around the middle of August and discovered our miracle the first weekend of September.  Since our blessing was discovered we have experienced the first heartbeat, first ultrasound, first picture, first movement, first kick...I'm sure I've forgotten some of the important things that have happened to us in 2010, but none compare to knowing we have a son on the way.

As wonderful as 2010 has been, I wonder if 2011 can even compare.  But even as I wonder that, I know that it can be even better than 2010 ever thought of being.  2011 will also have many important milestones for the record book of our lives, as well as many firsts.  Many of those are unknown to us but we look forward to the most important one...welcoming Micah Aiden Dean home as part of our family.  I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us and to experience life with that precious little boy.

2011 RESOLUTIONS

I've never been big on New Year's resolutions.  While I have made some changes at the beginning of the new year in the past I consider them more life style changes and don't usually proclaim them to anyone besides myself and God.  This year, however, I think I will make a few resolutions.  In no particular order:

  1. Rediscover things I have enjoyed in the past.  While sewing curtains for Micah's room I realized that I have so many hobbies and interests that I threw to the wayside years ago.  And I really do love to do some of those things.  I'm going to take time to enjoy activities of the past.
  2. Take life as slow as I can.  There really is no need to rush or stress about getting things done.
  3. Dedicate myself to family and friends.  The most important thing is family and friends.  I want to make time to let them know how much I care for them.
  4. Enjoy every second of my pregnancy and steal every second away with my little man when he arrives. 
  5. Date more.  Scott and I use to go on dates all the time.  Between our schedules in the past we have neglected that part of our life.  It's time to start dating again.
  6. Make it a priority to spend time with the Lord each day.
  7. And the old standbys - keep the house and finances in order.

1 comment:

  1. 2010 was a great year, but i hope this one will be even better for ya!

    ReplyDelete