Friday, March 4, 2011

Working towards freedom

I am so excited that when my car payment was withdrawn from my bank account today it was the last one!  I had intentions of paying my car off early but I never could seem to pay extra on it.  There was always something else to put our "extra" money on.  Well, five years have come and gone since purchasing my car so it is officially paid off.  Hallelujah!  It will be nice not to have that payment hanging over my head.

So what do I plan to do with the extra money we'll be saving each month?  I have made arrangements to pay extra towards the principal on Scott's truck every month.  I know if I didn't make arrangements that extra money would vanish into thin air anyway and we'd be left wondering where in the world it went.  If I've figured things correctly, we should have Scott's truck paid off within six months or so.  Once that is paid off we will have the house left to pay off.  If all goes well, I will take the money that had been going towards the truck and apply it towards the house as a principal only payment.

Even though I still won't be seeing that extra money every month, I will be seeing the debt on Scott's truck quickly going down.  Oh to be debt free!

1 comment:

  1. congrats! i know paying the car off is a load off your mind.

    ReplyDelete